This Article is a part of Windows Server 2016 Tutorials series. In the previous Article, we have discussed Windows server 2016 installation steps. Now we will move forward and see the Basic Configurations of Windows Server 2016.
After Installing Windows Server 2016, you can start working on server but before that, there are some configurations for the server to perform the work. These are the basic configuration to do before start working with the server. The basic configuration like Setting the time zone, Renaming the Server, Setup the Network connection and much more. So Let's get started with the below steps.
Some Basic configurations for Windows Server 2016
1. Setting the time zoneAccurate Time zone is very Important for the Server and Services to work on the Exact and Right timing. To set up Time zone, Open Server Manager, Click on Local Server and click on Time Zone. After that click on Change Time zone, Now here select the correct time zone and Click on OK.
2. Rename the Server
Renaming the Server is the most important part of the basic configuration. By Default, windows server is setup with a unique name. We have to change the name of the Server. To change it go to Computer Properties, click on Change Settings Click on Change. Here Type the Computer name and Click OK. After this, it will prompt for restarting the server, click on Restart now.
3. Turn on Automatic Updates in the ServerIf we want to secure our Server then we have to keep the server updated with the latest updates. It is very important to protect our server. By turning on Automatic updates on your server we will get the latest updates from the Microsoft. To install latest updates go to Settings > Update & Security and then click on check for updates and when there is update download it and install.
4. Setup Network SettingsIf you are Setting up Windows Server 2016 in your network then it is recommended that you set the server with a static IP address. Its very simple to setup a static IP address on the server.
1. Go to Settings > Network & Internet > Change adapter options .
2. On the Network Connections select your Network adapter to configure. Right-click on the network adapter and choose Properties.
3. Now Double click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPV4). Now you have to enter the IP Address you want to assign to the server, Network Mask, Default Gateway and the DNS IP Address.
4. Click OK. Done! we have successfully set a static IP address on our server.to see the IP Address open command prompt or Powershell and type ipconfig . You will see the Screen like this.
Congratulations! finally, we have Successfully Configure some Basic Configurations in Server. In next Part, we will discuss Domain Name Service Server.
So above Steps is all about the Basic Configurations for Windows Server 2016. With these Steps, you can do the Basic Configuration for the Windows Server 2016. Hope you all like this post, share it with others too and Leave a comment below if you need any suggestion at any steps.