Kali NetHunter is a free and open-source mobile penetration testing platform for Android devices, based on Kali Linux. Kali NetHunter is available for un-rooted devices (NetHunter Rootless), for rooted devices that have a custom recovery (NetHunter Lite), and for rooted devices with custom recovery for which a NetHunter specific kernel is available (NetHunter). Official images are published by Offensive Security on their download page and are updated every quarter. NetHunter images with custom kernels are published for the most popular supported devices, such as Google Nexus, Samsung Galaxy, and OnePlus. Many more models are supported, and images not published by Offensive Security can be generated using NetHunter build scripts. Kali NetHunter is maintained by a community of volunteers and is funded by Offensive Security.Today in this post I will show you that how you can install Kali Nethunter on Non-Rooted Android Devices. For this tutorial, I am using Samsung Tab S6 Lite Android Device. You can use any Android device for this tutorial. Before starting there are some prerequisites like :
- Android Device (Non-rooted)
- 8 GB of Storage
- Tools like Termux, Nethunter Store, Nethunter Kex (you will get the Downloading like in the further blog)
Lets go further and see how to Install Kali Nethunter on Non-rooted devices.
- Install the Termux app from the Play store (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.termux) .
- Install the NetHunter-Store app (https://store.nethunter.com) .
- From the NetHunter Store, install NetHunter-KeX client, and Hackers keyboard (optional).
- Open Termux application and Type the below commands one by one.
- pkg install wget
- wget -O install-nethunter-termux https://offs.ec/2MceZWr
- chmod +x install-nethunter-termux
Note: It will take time depending on your internet speed. So wait for it to complete the Installation.
It is very simple to use Nethunter. So just open Termux and type one of the following:
|nethunter||start Kali NetHunter command line interface|
|nethunter kex passwd||configure the KeX password (only needed before 1st use)|
|nethunter kex &||start Kali NetHunter Desktop Experience user sessions|
|nethunter kex stop||stop Kali NetHunter Desktop Experience|
|nethunter kex stop||run in NetHunter environment|
start Kali NetHunter cli as root
|nethunter -r kex passwd||configure the KeX password for root|
|nethunter -r kex &||start Kali NetHunter Desktop Experience as root|
|nethunter -r kex stop||stop Kali NetHunter Desktop Experience root sessions|
|nethunter -r kex kill|
Kill all KeX sessions
|nethunter -r <command>||run <command> in NetHunter environment as root|
Access Nethunter GUI
- Open termux and type nethunter kex passwd and enter the password for the kex server.(This is a one time step)
- Type nethunter kex & to start the kex server , and note the port number where the kex server is running.
- Open the KeX client application, enter port number and kex password and click on Connect button.
- That's it . Now the Nethunter will run with the Desktop Eperiance.
- Run sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade first thing after installation. If you have plenty of storage space available you might want to run apt install kali-linux-default as well.
- To remove Nethunter from the device just remove the fs file of Nethunter.